also known as Equine Therapy. When possible, I like to stick to words that everyone can understand, therefore the english version. I also prefer to have the “assisted” in there, as it makes a better distinction between the therapist (me), the assistant (the horse) and the client (you).
I am qualified to offer Horse Assisted Therapy through my university degree in Special Education, my Masters in Motology and more than 20 years of experience.
You are in the right category if this fits what you are looking for and what I can offer.
- are experiencing symptoms or aspects of a diagnosed or undiagnosed mental illness.
- are looking for a therapist or an additional therapy to help you with the problems you are experiencing.
- might have also tried a lot of therapies and are a little tired of traditional approaches? I promise this will be very different!
- will discuss your situation with you, find out what you are experiencing and will inform you what, in my opinion, Horse Assisted Therapy might help you with.
- will structure sessions for you around and with my horses that will be specifically focused towards your situation.
- am always open to collaborating with other professionals in the field who you are working with if that would be helpful for you or them.
- might refer you to another professional if I feel that me and my horses cannot help you or not help you enough.